- Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Cross River State, Nigeria
- It is a forest reserve that protects the population of several endangered species
- It contains an area of 100km²
- This mountain houses endangered species like the wild drill monkey, chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes vellerosus) and gorillas (Gorilla gorilla diehli). It is estimated that there are about 3,000-5,000 drills left on the planet
- It is home to a number of primates including chimpanzee and gorilla populations
- It has Rocky Mountains, lush landscape and rivers.
- Afi Mountain wildlife sanctuary is listed as an IBA (Important Bird Area) for Nigeria and hosts one of the largest migratory swallow roosts in Africa.
- Today the sanctuary is the best-protected area for drills in the world.
- This forest is legally protected, but is still under threat from poachers and illegal loggers
- There are some villages around Afi mountain and tourist’s camp in these villages.