It is true that beer has been known for a lot of side effects as obesity, pot belly and others. Surprisingly, it has a lot of amazing health benefits, but the key to the consumption of beer is moderation. As too much beer can damage the liver, kidney and also lead to other health related problems.
Amazing Health Benefits of Beer
- Beer reduces the risk of stroke, which occurs when a blood clot blocks the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. the beer intake makes arteries become flexible and blood flow significantly improves.
- Moderate alcohol consumption lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease in men and women.
- Hops contain nutrients that can prevent some diseases, including Obesity, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, obesity and depression.
- It helps prevent diabetes in men and women.
- It acts as a multivitamin because it contains vitamin B, Niacin and vitamin B6. It also contains others like flavonoids, Choline, Pantothenic acid, etc.
- Moderate alcohol consumption lowers the risk of diabetes, while large consumption or no consumption increases the risk.
- Beer helps lower the risk of osteoporosis, particularly in women who have passed menopause.
- Hops contain a number of nutrients that appear to prevent a variety of diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, obesity and depression.
- Beer helps strengthens your bones becauseit contains high levels of silicon, an element that promotes bone growth.
- It is healthy for the eyes when consumed in moderation as it protects against mitochondrial damage.
- Beer can calm you and make you relaxed; it is good for people that have insomnia as it stimulates the production of dopamine.
- It is good for the skin as it reduces acne and increases the natural skin shine.
- Beer is also a great hair growth stimulator because of the hops and malt contained in the beer.
- The antioxidants, the vitamins and minerals contained in beer helps fight the negative effects of free radicals and prevent premature aging.
- The moderate consumption of beer seems to limit the natural occurrence of bone decay.
The Healthy Way to Drink Beer
- Drink your beer in moderation; Men can drink up to three units of beer a day and women one unit a day. It should not exceed a maximum of 14 units a week for women, and a maximum of 21 units a week for men.
- Maintain a consistent intake and spread the consumption over the entire week.
- Avoid drinking more than five units in a short period of time.
- Young people should not indulge.
Some Adverse Effects of Beer
Beer can have negative effect on your health when excessively taken.
- It interferes with your blood sugar level which can eventually lead to diabetes.
- It can lead to obesity.
- It may affect yourcardiovascular health especially if you have existing heart ailments.
- Can lead to increased blood pressure level which may lead to a stroke.
- It leads to intoxication and hangover: