The Former Minister of State for Education, Alhaji Saka Saadu, breathed his last on the 24th January 2016 at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital and was buried in his Ilorin country home.
7 Things You Didn’t Know about Alhaji Saka Sa’adu
- Alhaji Saka Sa’adu joined the defunct Northern Nigeria Civil Service before the creation of the state.
- He was a former Commissioner in the old Kwara state between 1975 and 1978.
- He was also a former Permanent Secretary to the Military Government and Head of Service in Kwara from 1988 to 1990.
- The late Minister was acting Chairman of University of Ilorin Governing Council and Co- author of Nigeria Secondary School Science Project (CESAC) 1970.
- Sa’adu was a prominent member of Ansarul Islam society of Nigeria.
- He had a strong passion for education.
- He was described as a man of quality virtues, honest and kindhearted.