Your opinion is very important when it comes to your chlid's education. He or she is directly or indirectly influenced by your interests.
Tips on How to Make your Child an 'A' Student
- Pay attention to the nutrition of your child, studies have shown that children perform better when they get the adequate sleep and are well nourished.
- Developing a healthy emotional life in the child would fuel his curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Communicate your interests and expectation to your child’s teacher.
- Find out how your child is doing in school, if he needs assistance, get him one!.
- Stay in touch with your child’s teacher and endeavor to attend PTA Meetings and conferences.
- Let the school know your concerns if you have any.
- Encourage your child to do his school work independently except in situations whereby it is a group work.
- Fix a time and place for homework once your child starts school.
- Make sure that your child does his or her homework.
- Inspire your child to want to know more and do not call her names when she fails her sums.
- Observe your child’s friends because if his friends are very playful and disinterested in academics then, it will also be his story.
- Have a positive attitude towards education and communicate it to your children.
- Teach your child how to look things up.
- Be very supportive of your child’s academic efforts, cheer them up and love them no matter their result.
- Encourage your child to use a library. We have a free Community library at 196, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.