A Dissertation is a long essay that requires a lot of research and findings. It is an academic writing that is presented towards the end of an academic degree or professional qualification. To write a good dissertation, you have to strive for excellence and be willing to do what it takes to achieve it.
10 Tips to Writing an Outstanding Dissertation
- Plan and Research: Do a thorough research if you want to write an outstanding dissertation.
- Structure your Dissertation: to write a good dissertation, it has to be well structured. Having the Title page, abstract, acknowledgement, table of content, introduction, body, conclusion, bibliography, appendices etc. depending on the dissertation you are writing.
- Know when to read: when you are running low and empty is the best time to read. So, you stop writing for a short period and read. Remember effective reading is not when you read all books cover to cover.
- Keep Writing: Get your thoughts on paper, continue writing and give yourself room to rewrite and do not forget to write in an appropriate academic style.
- Avoid staying stuck: when you get stuck, which is unavoidable, move to another section.
- Set Deadlines: for you to stay focused and committed, you have to set deadlines and work with it.
- Give Yourself Breaks: Give yourself breaks and make them productive, such that you would not be drained but rather refreshed and energized.
- Drown the Urge to Quit: stay on the task and give it your all, do not feed the urge to quit.
- Avoid Plagiarism: make accurate citations and avoid copying direct quotes.
- Provide Good References: You need to acknowledge all your references as it very important in academic writing.
- Read It One More Time: Before handing your dissertation project to your supervisor, you need to read it again, get friends or editors to proof read for you.