2017 was an interesting, motivating and challenging one, we met with different hurdles and with the help of our donors, we scaled new heights. In all, it was a great year indeed. Below are the highlights of our 2017 projects!
In response to our Book Drive Campaign, we received a total of 1,557 book donation form Dolphin Estate, American Embassy, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Mrs Peterside and others.
INTERNET LEARNING CENTRE
1. Our Internet Learning Centre was utilized and our ICT facilities were used during Code Lagos, an initiative of Lagos State government, teaching students to code, using Scratch and Python Software. To this effect, 240 students from Ireti Junior and Senior Secondary School and Falomo Junior High School were trained.
2. Our Internet Center was used for a Capacity Building Seminar in which 49 teachers were trained by a representative from District III of Lagos State Education Board.
3. 396 Students from Falomo Junior High School and Ireti Junior Grammar School were trained on basic computer knowledge at our Internet Learning Center.
Prison Service, Ikoyi, Lagos, presented us with an Award of Excellence.
We recently launched 2 DEAR Time projects in Community Secondary School Amawbia and Ezi-Awka Secondary School, Anambra State, with a total of 1,803 books.
We Opened 5 new Oasis Libraries in Awka South and Njikoka Local Government Area both in Anambra State, with a total of 7,558 books.
1. We established 2 Prison Libraries in Enugu State; Enugu prison Library and Orji River Prison Library respectively, with a total of 2,100 books.
2. ZODML established 2 Prison Libraries in Anambra State, Nnewi and Ekwulobia respectively, with a total of 1,650 books.
1. ZODML Summer Holiday Program held from the 1st of 31st of August with 204 student in attendance and the closing ceremony was done in collaboration with UBA foundation.
2. We had 18 Reading Programs Section, including primary school, Senior and Junior School Reading Program.
There was a total revamp of our Book Corners at Falomo Senior and Junior Secondary School, Ireti Senior and Junior Secondary School, Girls Senior and Junior Grammar School and Girls Senior and Junior Academy.
WORLD NGO DAY
As a way of celebrating World NGO Day, we organized a book reading with pupils from Obele-Odan and Adeniji Primary School.
We thank our donors for their constant support and look forward to a continued relationship in 2018.