The following Terms and Conditions apply to Library and Borrower's Cards
1. Anyone is eligible to apply for a Library card FREE OF CHARGE. Applications for a Library card may be done online (www.zodml.org) or in person at the Library. Two recent passport photographs are required to obtain a Library card.
2. Persons under 18 years must apply in person at the Library and must have a parent or guardian sign the form on their behalf.
3. Applications may be for a 'Friend of the Library' card or a 'Standard' Library card. Certain benefits accrue to 'Friend of the Library' cards while some restrictions apply to 'Standard' Library cards. A list of the benefits and restrictions is available at the Library.
4. Library cards are not transferrable and must be used only by the person whose name appears on the card. A Library card that is lost or stolen must be reported at once to the Library. A replacement fee is charged for any lost, stolen or damaged card that is re-issued.
5. Library cards are valid for one year after which they may be renewed. Renewal need not be in the same category as the expiring card.
6. Library cardholders must report any change of name or address immediately and are required to ensure that their contact details held by the Library are accurate at all times.
7. Borrowing any item from the Library requires a Borrower's card in addition to a valid Library card. Obtaining a Borrower's card requires the provision of a current utility bill or other form of verification of the borrower's address as may be requested. Borrower's cards are valid for one year after which they must be renewed for borrowing privileges to continue.
8. All materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date stamped on the item borrowed. Fines are charged for items returned after their due date. A list of fines, charges and fees pertaining to borrowing can be found here
9. Borrowers are responsible for all items borrowed on their card and all fines and charges due on it while parents/guardians are responsible for all items borrowed on the card of their children/wards and all fines and charges due on it.
10. A Borrower's card that is lost or stolen must be reported at once to the Library. Borrowers are responsible for any use to which their card is put and all charges made against it, before its loss or theft is reported. A replacement fee is charged for any lost, stolen or damaged card that is re-issued.
11. A borrowed item that is lost or stolen must be reported to the Library at once. Overdue fines will continue to accrue on the item until it is found and returned to the Library or its replacement cost is paid.
12. Borrowers may renew any borrowed item before its return date provided the item has not been requested by another borrower and the borrower seeking to renew is not owing the Library. Items may be renewed in person or by telephone. Current telephone numbers are displayed at the Library.
13. Borrowers with any overdue item or unpaid fines or charges will have their borrowing privileges suspended until the borrowed item is returned and/or the fines and charges are paid.
You can click the link below to read