ZODML treats the personal data it collects through application forms and elsewhere as private and confidential.
What We Collect and How We Use It.
• Your full names.
• Your address – email, residential, and office.
• Your phone number.
• Your date of birth.
• Your gender.
• Your occupation.
• Your library card details.
• Information about your use of our website, such as your IP address, browser type, device information, access times, and the pages you visit.
We use the data to:
• Meet your expectations in the provision of our services.
• Manage your library account.
• Facilitate access to our resources.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We process your personal data if:
• You consent.
• It is required to comply with any law or regulation.
• We are contractually required to do so.
How We Secure Your Personal Data
We protect your personal data from unauthorised access, loss, or disclosure by regularly updating our systems, placing restrictions on access, and training our staff on data protection. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is entirely secure.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
We retain your personal data for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was given or as required by law or regulation. Your data is destroyed or anonymised once they are no longer required for the purpose for which it was given. Your personal data is not retained for longer than is necessary.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We require any third-party service provider to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to your personal data to carry out their services. We will not disclose your personal data to our partners, service providers, or other authorised entities unless you have consented to such sharing or unless we are required to do so by law or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of our agreement with you.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
You have the right to request:
• Access to your data
• That your data be rectified
• That the processing of your data be restricted
• That your data be deleted
You consent to our collection and use of your personal data when you submit your application for a library card or use any of our services. You have the right to withdraw this consent by notifying us of your intention to do so. You also have the right to opt out of receiving certain communication such as newsletters from us by following the instructions provided in the communication.
Complaints and Contact Information
Should you have any concerns or complaints with this policy please call +234 908 631 4898 or send an email to [email protected]